Little Aries loved how the eggs lit up and thought it was for her birthday, since her birthday is only in a few weeks.
Next time you are cooking breakfast, carefully remove the egg yolk & egg white and save your eggshells for this fun craft.
- Eggshells (make sure the opening of the eggshell is wide enough for a tea light)
- Food Coloring
- 2 Tablespoons of vinegar
- Warm Water
- Tealight Candles
- Egg Holder (I bought mine at Sur La Table but I’ve seen similar at World Market)
I dyed my eggshells two different ways..
- If you have empty eggshells, wash and clean your eggshells, removing the membrane as well. Then simply dye and sink them in a cup of warm water with a few tablespoons of vinegar and a few drops of food coloring for 5-10 minutes. Let dry completely.
- I didn’t have enough empty eggshells so I had to use a few extra whole eggs. Once they were dyed, I cracked the egg, leaving a wide opening for the tealight. Wash and remove the egg membrane. Let dry completely.
- Add the tealight inside the egg. Lit up and enjoy.
Be extra cautious when you lit up the candles and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.