Little Aries loved how the eggs lit up and thought it was for her birthday, since her birthday is only in a few weeks.
Next time you are cooking breakfast, carefully remove the egg yolk & egg white and save your eggshells for this fun craft.
– Eggshells (make sure the opening of the eggshell is wide enough for a tea light)
– Food Coloring
– 2 Tablespoons of vinegar
– Warm Water
– Tealight Candles
– Egg Holder (I bought mine at Sur La Table but I’ve seen similar at World Market)
I dyed my eggshells two different ways..
– If you have empty eggshells, wash and clean your eggshells, removing the membrane as well. Then simply dye and sink them in a cup of warm water with a few tablespoons of vinegar and a few drops of food coloring for 5-10 minutes. Let dry completely.
– I didn’t have enough empty eggshells so I had to use a few extra whole eggs. Once they were dyed, I cracked the egg, leaving a wide opening for the tealight. Wash and remove the egg membrane. Let dry completely.
– Add the tealight inside the egg. Lit up and enjoy.
Be extra cautious when you lit up the candles and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.