How To Knit A Bow Scarf

(UPDATE) I will be selling this scarf on my INSTAGRAM so be on the lookout; I will update here when I will be accepting pre-orders by email.
I really appreciate all the lovely comments and emails I’ve received!

I have always wanted to start knitting but always thought it was so confusing and very time consuming. A couple of months ago I watched some videos on Youtube to learn how to knit. After a few tries and watching the videos over and over, I finally got the hang of it but still not quite yet. The knitting pattern terminology still confuses me.

It’s still very hot here in Southern Cali but the nights are starting cool down. I’m really tired of this hot weather! So, I created this simple, chunky scarf  with a knitted bow for my little Aries. It’s perfect for winter and it will protect her neck and chest from the cold weather.

Now we wait for the cooler weather!

Now if you want to make this scarf yourself: I used chunky yarn & 13 size straight needles.

Pattern for scarf: 13 stitches and about 25 inches long; GARTER STITCH only. Start doing the button hole at about 21.5 inches in length and about 4.5 inches from the end. Cast off at the 6th garter stitch and only casting off 3 stitches. I used this very helpful video to cast off the button hole.

Pattern for bow: 10 1/2 straight needles and normal/med size yarn. Pattern: 16 stitches and about 6 1/2 inches long. Once done knitting, simply grab some yarn and wrap around the middle to form the bow. I secured the bow to the scarf with needle and thread. Then I simply used the bow as the “button” to hold the scarf. You simply grab the bow from the button hole and that’s it.

I’m no expert at all and learned all by myself. I found knitting very relaxing and I can’t wait to knit more items like hats and cowls! Knitting for me has turned into taking a break from the computer, sitting and watching a movie or show with my little Aries.Do you knit? To learn to knit I suggest watching videos on Youtube. Starting with chunky yarn makes it so much easier and it’s way faster than knitting with thin yarn. If you have any questions, I will be happy to help. You can email me at angie@littleinspiration.com or leave a comment and I will try to respond to you asap.

Here is my Little Aries modeling for me. Isn’t this scarf the cutest ever!?

This pattern is for personal use only.
Please do not sell items made using this pattern. Please always link back when using this pattern for personal use.

Looking for more projects? Check out my DIY Lace Crown and Headband Tutorials.
Thanks for stopping by!

• October 20, 2012 - 1:16 pm

Trinity B. - I love this and cannot believe you just learned! I’ve been trying my hand at crochet and eventually want to try knitting too. You’ve inspired me to keep at it! Thanks for sharing-very cute!
    Trinity B. recently posted..Thrift Store Find DeskMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 20, 2012 - 2:47 pm

Angie - Aww thanks!! I’m so glad I inspired you to start knitting :)ReplyCancel

• November 20, 2014 - 5:30 pm

Katie - How much yarn in each color did this take? I’d like to make one for my niece, but I don’t know how much to buy, and want to make sure I get enough of the same dyelot. :) Thanks!ReplyCancel

• November 21, 2014 - 9:59 am

Angie - It only uses one skein (one ball of yarn).ReplyCancel

• October 20, 2012 - 2:47 pm

Brittany - So cute! I have a tough time staying committed to a knitting project long enough to finish it… The bow makes it SO ADORABLE!ReplyCancel

• October 20, 2012 - 2:50 pm

Angie - Thank you! Yes it’s hard to commit to finish one knitting project at a time.. :)ReplyCancel

• October 20, 2012 - 6:59 pm
  • October 20, 2012 - 8:52 pm

Rachel - Super cute! I have knitting on my to-do list, I’m the only woman in my family that doesn’t. It just seems like more time than I have right in this moment….RachelReplyCancel

• October 21, 2012 - 6:27 am

jourdan - wow I don’t think they get any cuter than this the scarf is adorable and so is your little girl. Your picture really caught my eye when browsing through the link party @ Nifty Thrift THings.ReplyCancel

• October 21, 2012 - 1:04 pm

Susan - Oh my gosh – that is just darling!
    Susan recently posted..Autumn Garden Garland For Potted PlantsMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 21, 2012 - 1:33 pm

Brandy Wassmer - So cute! I have boys so will have to find a pattern for a hat which they love in winter, but all my friends have girls and I so would love to try this for them! I have done crocheting and finally get the hang of it. But I so wanna learn to knit.ReplyCancel

• October 22, 2012 - 12:21 am

Nicole - I Love, Love, Love this scarf! The bow is super cute. I am in Northern California still waiting for the cool weather so that I can bust out my crochet projects.
    Nicole recently posted..#ACraftersDream GiveawayMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 22, 2012 - 1:36 am

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com - Original! This is great! Do come ‘n’ brag: link it up at our linky party, http://www.finecraftguild.com/, ‘Time for a Party’ !
    Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com recently posted..Circus in TownMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 22, 2012 - 4:06 am

Claire - Love this !!

I may have to make one for my little girl :)

Happy Monday

Claire xReplyCancel

• October 22, 2012 - 6:41 am

Meeha Meeha - Aaaaaaaaaaw, this is cuter than cute! I feel inspired to make a little crochet bow myself, since yours looks so darling :)
    Meeha Meeha recently posted..Monday Booster: Minimalist Window SeatMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 22, 2012 - 1:11 pm

Megan - Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person who doesn’t knit these days – but it’s been a million degrees here for the past few years, so that hasn’t really been very inspiring for knitting!ReplyCancel

• October 22, 2012 - 2:34 pm

chelsea - How darling! I love this adorable scarf! This would make great gifts for my nieces!
    chelsea recently posted..Pumpkin Applique OnesieMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 23, 2012 - 12:43 am

Elise - This is so sweet and cute! Love the bows! Would love if if you linked up on my blog hop http://www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you’d like to follow each other!
    Elise recently posted..SundayFunday Blog Hop #2My ProfileReplyCancel

• October 23, 2012 - 11:01 am

Free Pattern: Knit Bow Scarf for Little Girls · Knitting | CraftGossip.com - […] looking for a quick, easy, cute knit scarf pattern for a little girl in your life, check out the Bow Scarf from Little Inspiration. This one is perfect for new knitters because it’s all garter stitch […]ReplyCancel

• October 25, 2012 - 11:23 am

Jenna - This scarf is SO CUTE! I love her little glasses too. :)
    Jenna recently posted..31 Days of Shut Up and Sew: Fun and Flirty Apron: Using a PatternMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 25, 2012 - 7:18 pm

Maria - What a GORGEOUS scarf!!!!! LOVE the big bow, just beautiful!!!ReplyCancel

• October 26, 2012 - 5:14 am

Donna - This is darling. Thanks for sharing.
    Donna @onceuponasewingmachine.comReplyCancel

• October 26, 2012 - 9:44 am

riva - This is GREAT, I LOVE bows! :) You have an OUTSTANDING model!! :)
    riva recently posted..Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip CookiesMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 27, 2012 - 5:04 am

Mel - How cute, I’m going to make this
    Mel recently posted..Can You Tell Me How to Get To Sesame Street – Nursery RevealMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 27, 2012 - 11:53 am

Christine - So freakin cute! I love it. This would look great for adult size too.
    Christine recently posted..Crochet Baby Turban HatMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 30, 2012 - 7:50 am

laurie - This scarf with the bow is just so adorable!! I would love to know how to make this. Today I shared a loom knitted hat for my grandson…but yours takes the cake♥ As you can tell I am just a beginner…using a loom☺ BTW…I just followed your lovely blog today.
    Laurie
    laurie recently posted..Boys Will Be Boys…D.Y.I. ProjectMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 30, 2012 - 10:29 am

Wendy - I need one for my little girl!!! Have you thought of selling? I just don’t have the time to dedicate to it…..but I would certainly buy it! If you are selling them…let me know where to order! seriously!ReplyCancel

• October 30, 2012 - 11:30 am

ahren - love this! where did you find the glasses?!ReplyCancel

• November 1, 2012 - 4:42 am

Kristin - Thank you so much for sharing your darling pattern. How many inches from the end is the button hole? Your daughter is so cute!ReplyCancel

• November 1, 2012 - 8:32 am

Angie - Hi Kristin!
      You are very welcome! :) Its about 4 1/2 inches from the end. I will update this on the blog post. Thanks for stopping by! :)ReplyCancel

• November 1, 2012 - 12:50 pm

Susan - Hi, I’ve started to make the toddler scarf with bow, can you tell me what the pattern is to do the hole for the bow?

Thank you.ReplyCancel

• November 1, 2012 - 2:28 pm

Angie - Hi Susan!
      Thanks for stopping by! To make the button hole I linked to a video with Instructions to make the hole. It’s basically casting off in the middle of one row and then casting on in the following row.ReplyCancel

• November 1, 2012 - 3:14 pm

megan - I am obsessed with this scarf for my daughter and am wondering if you sell them? If so can you email me and let me know how to go about purchasing them!? Thank you!!ReplyCancel

• November 1, 2012 - 4:35 pm

T\\'onna - Cute scarf! I love that gray bow! I’d love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It’s open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you’ll stop by!

T’onna
    T\\\’onna recently posted..Submarine Sunday #4My ProfileReplyCancel

• November 2, 2012 - 11:31 am

Shannon - adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

Shannon
    Shannon recently posted..football onesieMy ProfileReplyCancel

• November 2, 2012 - 11:44 pm

Michelle - I love this. I was going to feature it and link to it, but it won’t let me copy a picture so I can’t:( So adorable! I was hoping to drive some traffic your way.ReplyCancel

• November 3, 2012 - 5:09 pm

GlamorousMommy - This is stinkin’ adorable!!! Found you via Nifty Thrifty Things and so happy to be your newest follower!!

-Fotini { http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com }
    GlamorousMommy recently posted..{ Scrumptious Apple Pie }My ProfileReplyCancel

• November 4, 2012 - 6:51 am

A - This has inspired me to learn to knit. Thank you!! Sorry for this silly question. Is it all knit stitch or do I use purl stitches as well? Thank you!!!ReplyCancel

• November 4, 2012 - 6:51 am

• November 4, 2012 - 6:51 am

• November 4, 2012 - 6:53 am

A - Thank you for inspiring me to learn how to knit!! Does this use purl stitches or just the knit stitch?ReplyCancel

• November 4, 2012 - 6:41 pm

Carly - Hi, I was just wondering if you sold any of your work. I would really love to get this scarf as a present.

Let me know,
    ThanksReplyCancel

• November 5, 2012 - 7:29 am

Michele - Adorable! If you have time I would love for you to share it at my linky party going on right now @ Primp!

• November 5, 2012 - 6:07 pm

keely owens - Do you have this pattern for crocheting?ReplyCancel

• November 5, 2012 - 6:15 pm

Suzie - Love this! I just added the pattern to Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bow-scarf (Wasn’t able to add a photo).ReplyCancel

• November 6, 2012 - 4:33 am

Ester - When I saw this scaft.i fell in love with it.and so did my daughter I can’t knit.so i want to know if you selling because i would for sure buy this adorable scaftReplyCancel

• November 6, 2012 - 9:44 pm

Kate L - Your post gave me “inspiration” to learn how to knit. I just finished making this scarf…it is so cute! I have a few imperfections, but am looking forward to learning new patterns to get better. Thanks!ReplyCancel

• November 7, 2012 - 1:06 am

Valentina's DIY | Pearltrees - […] I have to do this… < Cool stuff. < gebesse Get flash to fully experience Pearltrees How To Knit A Bow Scarf » Little Inspiration I have always wanted to start knitting but always thought it was so confusing and very time […]ReplyCancel

• November 7, 2012 - 8:05 am

Robin - I just finished making this scarf yesterday! It’s so cute and such a great xmas gift! Thanks for sharing!ReplyCancel

• November 7, 2012 - 5:55 pm

Julia - Hello all!! I’m new to knitting so forgive me if this question is annoying :)
    What exactly is the pattern for knitting this adorable scarf? I’m confused…
    Also where are the instructions for the bow? Did I overlook the link?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated ! I want to knit this scarf for my nieces for Christmas ! There are 6 of them!! :DReplyCancel

• November 28, 2012 - 1:42 pm

Angie - Hi Julia
      The patter is basically the length, amount of stitches and making the hole.
      The bow pattern is also mentioned in the post.

Let me know if you have any questions. I’d be happy to help.

AngieReplyCancel

• November 10, 2012 - 1:42 pm

Sara - I just posted my first of these scarves to Ravelry.

• November 10, 2012 - 3:24 pm

Christine - I was wondering if I can buy this scarf already made I’m not that craftyReplyCancel

• November 10, 2012 - 4:56 pm

PINspiration – Toddler Bow Scarf « chucksforchancho - […] good friend came across a darling toddler scarf  she was hoping I could duplicate.  The original maker at Little Inspiration provided a tutorial on her blog, only problem was it was for a knit […]ReplyCancel

• November 10, 2012 - 5:05 pm

monica chavez - LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I shared it on my blog with a crochet version you inspired me to create!. Thank you for sharing!!ReplyCancel

• November 10, 2012 - 6:29 pm

Ana Lopes - So sweet!! Love the little beautiful girl too! Thanks so much for sharing! I’d love for you to visit my blog.
    Happy week!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft

• November 11, 2012 - 6:06 am

catherine - Would love to know if there’s a comparable equivelent in a crochet pattern? Love the pattern but suck at knittingReplyCancel

• November 11, 2012 - 11:55 am

ADORABLE n°1 « SILK army - […] seen on Zulily. Oh and this little girl is soo super cute. You can learn hot to knit her bow scarf here. And if you have a daughter or a niece, you might want to share a beauty moment, coloring each […]ReplyCancel

• November 13, 2012 - 7:14 am

Valerie - This is so adorable! Lastnight while I was laying in bed I actually started watching YouTube videos on how to knit! I’m hoping to make this….someday. lol! Thanks so much for sharing! Your daughter is beautiful too!ReplyCancel

• November 14, 2012 - 11:30 pm

Tricot écharpe | Mon Bébé Chéri - Blog bébé - […] Source et photographie : Little Inspiration […]ReplyCancel

• November 15, 2012 - 6:01 am

Jelli - This scarf is super cute. I think you’ve just inspired a few hair accessories AND a scarf for me…and maybe my baby girl, though I think she’d try to pull it off. She’s in that stage of life right now.ReplyCancel

• November 28, 2012 - 1:39 pm

Angie - Thanks Jelli!

I appreciate it. :)ReplyCancel

• November 15, 2012 - 9:57 am

JACLYN - IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO THIS SCARF IN CROCHETReplyCancel

• November 28, 2012 - 1:39 pm

Angie - Hi Jaclyn!
      I’m sure you can but I don’t know crocheting.

Thanks for stopping byReplyCancel

• November 15, 2012 - 1:06 pm

Debi - This is adorable. I have a link party and would love to have you share this and any other posts. It is called Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link Party. The link to the party is
    I hope to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From AboveReplyCancel

• November 15, 2012 - 7:31 pm

Nancy at maddalee - Oh my, what an adorable scarf and little girl! I’m visiting from 52 mantels and am so glad you shared. You make like some of the things we have over at Maddalee!

Have a good day, NancyReplyCancel

• November 15, 2012 - 10:31 pm

Jeanie - So so adorable~~!!! totally loving the oversize glasses look~
    Jeanie recently posted..Classic Red and White ChristmasMy ProfileReplyCancel

• November 16, 2012 - 6:30 am

Pintastic Friday – Double Edition | Little Bird Designs of Fredericksburg - […] Bow Scarf While this scarf is designed for Toddlers, you could easily adjust it to fit adults […]ReplyCancel

• November 21, 2012 - 10:45 am

Mandy - Thanks for linking up to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts – you were featured today!
    -Mandy, http://www.SugarBeeCrafts.comReplyCancel

• November 21, 2012 - 6:37 pm

Ana - I love the colors you have chosen! It’s very cute and sweet :)
    Ana recently posted..Knotted Cord BraceletMy ProfileReplyCancel

• November 21, 2012 - 6:51 pm

Cute Knitted Bow Scarf Pattern – LoveThisCraft - […] Get the free pattern from Little Inspiration now! Craft Type: Apparel & Accessories, Knitting   Tags: Bow, Scarf […]ReplyCancel

• November 26, 2012 - 5:23 am

Lindsay - When making the button hole for the bow, how many loops across did you go before starting to cast off? Then how many loops did you cast off (how wide is the hole)? Thanks so much for sharing this adorable scarf!ReplyCancel

• November 28, 2012 - 1:31 pm

Angie - Hi Lindsay,
      Let me know if you received my re-ply.

When making the button hole.. start to cast off at 7th stitch only casting off 4. The hole is about 1-2 inches in width.

if you have any questions, let me know. I’m happy to help.ReplyCancel

• November 26, 2012 - 7:59 pm

Knittin’ Kitten | cavelle - […] And these cute toddler scarves inspired by my new favorite blog-  little inspiration. […]ReplyCancel

• November 26, 2012 - 11:34 pm

monique birt - I actually have the same question about the buttonhole and how long to make it for the bow? In the picture it looks so small. I would love to make this for my niece!ReplyCancel

• November 28, 2012 - 1:37 pm

Angie - Hi Monqique,
      Please let me know if you received my re-ply.

Start making the button hole at 21 inches long.. start by casting off at the 7th stitch and only casting off 4.
      (6 Stitches – Cast off 4 – 6 stitches = 16 stitches) the hole is about 1-2 inches in width and it should be enough for the bow.
      Let me know if this helps.

AngieReplyCancel

• November 27, 2012 - 7:41 am

Kelly - I featured you today at Smart! School {House} on behalf of Whimsy Wednesday! The new party starts later today. We hope you come back to share your latest creations this week:)

Thank you!
    Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    Kelly recently posted..We are Moving!My ProfileReplyCancel

• November 29, 2012 - 11:27 pm

monique birt - Thanks so much Angie! That helps :) I will let you know how it turns out!ReplyCancel

• December 2, 2012 - 1:43 pm

Kate - Beautiful scarf. Was wondering did you use the wool ease chunky or the thick and quick?ReplyCancel

• December 2, 2012 - 6:14 pm

Angie - Hi Kate!
      I used thick and quick :)ReplyCancel

• December 6, 2012 - 8:08 am

Heidi - Adorable! I have a question regarding the “button”. Did you attach an actual button behind the bow that goes into the button hole, or did you actually slide the bow itself through the button hole?ReplyCancel

• December 6, 2012 - 2:21 pm

Angie - You actually use the bow as the button by sliding it through the button hole :)

Thanks for stopping byReplyCancel

• December 7, 2012 - 10:43 am

michelle - Is this all in garter stitch???ReplyCancel

• December 7, 2012 - 1:26 pm

Angie - Hi Michelle,
      Yes, it’s garter stitch.
      Thanks for stopping by.ReplyCancel

• December 9, 2012 - 8:35 pm

Ashley - I understand the pattern sound simple enough. But what I do not understand is how you got the same of the bow. By the pattern sounds like you just made a square.ReplyCancel

• December 10, 2012 - 12:32 am

Angie - Hi Ashley,
      The yarn for the bow is thin so that would make the stitches a lot smaller. Yeah, its basically a rectangle to form a bow. :) Hope this helps.
      Let me know if there is anything else you need help with.ReplyCancel

• December 11, 2012 - 7:46 pm

Karina - I am absolutely in love with this for my daughter. Any chance that you would make and sell this to me? I am so not capable of knitting! Let me know one way or the other please :)

Karina@HazySkies.comReplyCancel

• December 12, 2012 - 1:17 am

Sue - Hi Angie! What do you mean when you use the bow at the button to secure the scarf?ReplyCancel

• December 12, 2012 - 12:30 pm

Angie - Hey Sue,
      The bow is the button. I must of wrote it wrong?
      Yea so you pull the bow out from the button hole. It fits perfectly, the scarf will cover her chest and will stay in place :)ReplyCancel

• December 12, 2012 - 8:08 pm

Cathy - I’m confused. You say to make the scarf 13 stitches wide, but when casting off for the bow, you give directions for 16 stitches wide. “knit 6, cast off 4, knit 6 = 16″ I made the scarf 13 stitches wide. So I’m going to wing it and see how it goes!
    Did I miss how you gather the bow in the middle? from the photo it looks like you just wrapped yarn around the middle several times?ReplyCancel

• December 13, 2012 - 12:12 am

OMCuteness Overload « A Circular Life - […] knots. Well then, you’re out of luck) if you hop over to this lovely guide —–> HERE {cue […]ReplyCancel

• December 14, 2012 - 7:33 am

KS Crochet and Knitting - The knitted bow tie scarf pattern is adorable. I am going to knit some for last minute gifts. Great pattern!ReplyCancel

• December 16, 2012 - 7:28 am

Nos sedujo en Pinterest esta semana XLVII « La Maison Bisoux - […] littleinspiration.com via La Maison on […]ReplyCancel

• December 16, 2012 - 8:38 am

This week in Pinterest / Cette semaine sur Pinterest | - […] littleinspiration.com via La Maison on […]ReplyCancel

• December 17, 2012 - 3:11 pm

Portia - Thank you so much for this pattern! My SIL pinned this and I want to make it for my niece. I have a quick question: you said you used Lion Brand chunky yarn, but I’m not familiar with that. Is there more to the name? I’m in love with the vibrant colors you’ve chosen and want to make sure I pick up the right yarn.

Thanks in advance,
    PortiaReplyCancel

• December 17, 2012 - 4:17 pm

Angie - Hi Portia!
      There are many “chunky” yarn brands. The width of the yarn is visible and the brand I use I got it at Walmart for about $2.50. you can also search online by searching “chunky yarn”. Hope this helps. :)ReplyCancel

• December 17, 2012 - 3:33 pm

Portia - Where did u purchase the chunky yarn? Also, how many skeins will I need to complete this beauty?ReplyCancel

• December 17, 2012 - 4:18 pm

Angie - You would only need one skein of chunky yarn for the scarf itself.ReplyCancel

• December 17, 2012 - 7:22 pm

portia - Thanks, Angie! I appreciate your prompt feedback :-)ReplyCancel

• December 24, 2012 - 12:30 am

Lissa - What an adorable scarf! I came across it on Pinterest and was very pleased to find such a detailed tutorial. To be honest though, I’d very much like to make an adult version. I’m fairly new to knitting so I must ask, how would you alter the pattern to make this scarf suitable for an adult?

Thanks for your time!ReplyCancel

• December 28, 2012 - 4:33 pm

Megan - I am totally in LOVE!! However, I only know how to crochet. Is there anywhere or any way I can get this in a crochet pattern??ReplyCancel

• December 30, 2012 - 6:35 am

Kelli debo - I love love love the bow tie scarf, although I don’t know how to knit, do you sell them already made??ReplyCancel

• January 6, 2013 - 3:04 pm

Juliana - I am in love with this scarf, but I don’t know how to knit. Do you sell it?? Thank you!ReplyCancel

• January 9, 2013 - 5:32 pm

Deidre - I also love the scarf. I’ve seen several people ask if you sell the scarfs, but I don’t? see where you have answered. Do you?ReplyCancel

• January 14, 2013 - 9:26 am

Mood Board Monday: Bows | Design Happens - […] / Cake / Bow Tie Print / White Dress / Place Setting / Bow Scarf / Lemon Bow / Hair Bow / Dog Bow […]ReplyCancel

• January 14, 2013 - 3:05 pm

Aileen - Thanks for sharing! Just made this for my daughter and love it! For clarity, it might be helpful for you to give you gauge and finished dimensions so others can customize! Are you on Ravelry?ReplyCancel

• January 14, 2013 - 4:18 pm

Angie - Hi Aileen,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I will update the post with your suggestions. I did sign up for Raverly but haven’t really got the time to browse and update my profile.

Thanks for stopping by Little Inspiration.ReplyCancel

• January 16, 2013 - 6:17 am

Jessica - I love the scarf I just made one. I just wish I was able to sell because everyone keeps asking me for one but I understand you don’t want us to. I am trying to figure out dimensions because I would love to make a headband to go with it.ReplyCancel

• January 16, 2013 - 11:17 am

Jessica - What age child would you say fits this scarf best?ReplyCancel

• January 17, 2013 - 9:43 am

Back to Life & Time Wasted on Pinterest | Head In the Trees - […] I love this scarf and want one for myself, but I may be a bit old for that bow- might settle for making them for my three nieces. You can find the tutorial here! […]ReplyCancel

• January 23, 2013 - 4:46 am

Nataliya - Love it. I have tried and succeeded. Can i Use your blogg as refferense and translate the pattern to norwegian? I want to post the pattern on my blogg to if you approve.
    Best regrats Nataliya
    ,ReplyCancel

• January 24, 2013 - 6:36 pm

Randi - I would absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE one of these or a few of these for my daughter. I dont know how to knit unfortunately :( any chance you sell them?ReplyCancel

• January 28, 2013 - 9:02 am

Bow Scarf | Crafts: Unknown Knowledge | Scoop.it - […] (UPDATE) Sorry to say that I don't sell this scarf. I do hope by the end of the year I could make some more and sell them. I just don't have the time in the next few months.I really appreciate all the lovely comments and emails I've received!  […]ReplyCancel

• January 28, 2013 - 7:50 pm

Rikki - Just made this scarf and I’m obsessed with it was Sooo easy thanks for the instructions can’t wait to make more!!!! ThanksReplyCancel

• February 8, 2013 - 12:32 pm

Jill - Too cute! I dont know how to knit, but I’d love to buy one of these for my daughter if you ever decide to sell them! Please keep me updated :)

JillReplyCancel

• February 20, 2013 - 12:13 am

Teresa - I would only make one buttonhole and sew the bow on where the Sedona hole should be and sew a button on the wrong side behind the bow. The fasten the button only thru one hole .ReplyCancel

• February 20, 2013 - 10:23 am
  • March 5, 2013 - 7:10 am

A Royal Bun Part Two - […] A cute scarf for an equally cute toddler. […]ReplyCancel

• March 17, 2013 - 8:34 pm

Michelle - I’m not going to lie … I saw this on Pinterest I don’t even know how long ago and it was cute enough to make me want to start knitting. Thanks to you and this post, I’m a knitting lover now! It gives me a way to connect with my Grandmother who ate, breathed, and lived for knitting.
    Michelle recently posted..Salt Lake Temple.My ProfileReplyCancel

• March 26, 2013 - 7:46 am

Sabrina - Wow! I love the scarf but to tell you the truth: I love that little girl a bit more.ReplyCancel

• April 14, 2013 - 7:51 am

agadka - soooo amazing!!!!! want one!…. or two:P
    very nice blog, great style. Im following you now :) Hope you can also visit us here: http://dzieciozmaganiamatki.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a nice day & keep in touch.ReplyCancel

• April 14, 2013 - 5:24 pm

Chelesa sims - This is so cute.i love the bow.ReplyCancel

• May 23, 2013 - 11:30 am

Holly - Hi! I’m trying to knit this scarf however I just need to know what size needle I need. I got a US size 13/ 9mm they are chunky needles. I have got about four rows up however the stitch is not tight together like how your picture shows. Can you let me know if I messed up on the size? I’m in Canada. Lol. Thanks so much for your help!ReplyCancel

• May 26, 2013 - 3:06 pm

Crafty Inspiration: Bows - The Crafty Mummy - […] a bow scarf for a toddler with Little Inspiration […]ReplyCancel

• May 29, 2013 - 3:58 pm

Becky Sparks - Could you please adapt this pattern to a size for an 8 year old? I am a beginner knitter and love this scarf! Would love to make it for my granddaughter. Thank you.
    BeckyS.ReplyCancel

• June 16, 2013 - 5:07 pm

Monique March - Just wanted to say how amazing this scarf is and how much fun I have had making it. I get many comments on how cute it is. ..so thanks for posting thisReplyCancel

• June 22, 2013 - 5:34 am

Crochet Toddler Bow Tutorial from PINspiration Knit Scarf – Part 2 | chucksforchancho - […] along and don’t forget to give credit where its due!!  The original knit version was found here at Little […]ReplyCancel

• July 26, 2013 - 12:55 pm

jual sepatu boots pria - Very enlightening, i hope that other people have a good knowledge from this post like i do. Maybe you will find some other idea by visiting jual sepatu boots priaReplyCancel

• August 3, 2013 - 5:54 pm

Amanda - Awww. Your daughter is just precious! I found you on Ravelry because I was looking for a pattern to make bows for my little ones. The scarf is so cute though that I might have to make one of those too!ReplyCancel

• August 17, 2013 - 7:29 pm

Hannah - Just wanted to let you know the site Babyology is using your image uncredited on their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/BabyologyReplyCancel

• September 10, 2013 - 10:26 am

Toddler Puppy scarf | acraftyday - […] knit version of the bow scarf can be found here, it is a wonderful […]ReplyCancel

• September 19, 2013 - 9:32 am

nicole - thanks so much for the pattern your sight is nice scarfs are adorable
    nicole recently posted..Learn How to Calculate fabric Yards for QuiltsMy ProfileReplyCancel

• September 19, 2013 - 3:06 pm

Rebecca - Hello!! I love this scarf!! And the little girl is TOO CUTE!!! Do you happen to know if there is a pattern out there for a crochet version of this? If so, please let me know. Thank you!!!ReplyCancel

• October 1, 2013 - 11:25 am

Marcia Lima Palamim - Hello!
    Congratulations on your creation. Model simple to implement and very fluffy result. If you want to see my version, visit my blog tricoeafins.blogspot.com
    Kiss. Marcia Lima PalamimReplyCancel

• October 4, 2013 - 2:55 pm

Crochet Toddler Bow Tutorial from PINspiration Knit Scarf – Part 1 | chucksforchancho - […] the original photo is from Little Inspiration and she has a great knit version on her blog. Check it […]ReplyCancel

• October 12, 2013 - 2:35 pm

Elaine - Hello, just love this cute scarf. I would like to make a matching one for me as well. I wondered if you could give me some suggestions as to the length and amount of stitches etc for an adult size scarf please? I am a novice knitter and think these beautiful scarves will be my next venture with the knitting needles! Thank you ElaineReplyCancel

• November 5, 2013 - 7:08 am

Brittanie - Are u making/selling any of these this year???? I would loooove to order oneReplyCancel

• December 17, 2013 - 5:26 am

Kristien - Thnx for sharing! this is too cute, I’m going to get started on this right away :)
    Kristien recently posted..DIY origami kerstboomMy ProfileReplyCancel

• April 16, 2014 - 4:47 pm

Knitted Bow Scarf | Addicted 2 Fun - […] Easy beginners knitting scarf for toddlers. Source: To Learn “Knitted Bow Scarf” DIY Crafts click here […]ReplyCancel

• April 26, 2014 - 4:54 am

Kathryn - How much do you charge for this scarf? I really want one for my daughter :)ReplyCancel

• June 23, 2014 - 6:48 pm

Carmen - Hello Angie. Thanks for sharing this super cute scarf pattern with us. I’m making the hole now and very frequently, how-to videos mention the rows, so I want to ask you, on how many rows did you create the button hole ? I know it’s cast off at 6, cast off 3, but on how many rows you knit the hole ? Thanks a lot !ReplyCancel

• July 9, 2014 - 4:05 pm

Angie - I cast off on the seventh time, to create three “Cast Off” holes. HOpe this helps!ReplyCancel

• July 28, 2014 - 4:21 pm

Jackie Whatley - Can some one send me this scarf in the crocheted pattern please!!!!
    I would really appreciate it
    :)ReplyCancel

• August 21, 2014 - 4:25 pm

- Unicorn Kids Crafts - […] DIY Chunky Knit Bow Scarf for Kids Tutorial from Little Inspiration here. This will knit up really fast using #13 needles. A buttonhole where the bow goes through, anchors the scarf. *If you don’t know how to knit or need a refresher course go here to inspiration & realisation’s roundup of tutorials here. […]ReplyCancel

• September 11, 2014 - 9:18 pm

Kimmy - Hi! Thank you for this cute and easy pattern. I have reached the button hole and I do have a question. Is it centered or should it be a little off? The scarf is 13 stitches wide and it says to make six stitches then cast off three. Do I use the sixth stitch? For example, will my row be 5, cast off 3, 5? Or should it be 6, cast off 3, 4?ReplyCancel

• September 11, 2014 - 10:09 pm

Angie - Yes, The hole is a little off. Cast off at the 6th so you will have 5 stitches already completed. You can cast off at the middle with just two stitches if you prefer the hole to be centered.

Let me know if you have any questions.ReplyCancel

• September 28, 2014 - 2:36 pm

Tabitha - How much do you sell these for? They so pretty!ReplyCancel

• September 29, 2014 - 1:38 pm

Looke - Great scarf for my little girl!!!
    Meeega!ReplyCancel

• October 6, 2014 - 8:46 pm

- DIY Christmas Crafts - […] DIY Chunky Knit Bow Scarf for Kids Tutorial from Little Inspiration here. This will knit up really fast using #13 needles. A buttonhole where the bow goes through, anchors the scarf. *If you don’t know how to knit or need a refresher course go here to inspiration & realisation’s roundup of tutorials here. […]ReplyCancel

• November 12, 2014 - 8:08 pm

The Bow Scarf | Knitting Needles To Fishing Poles - […] cutest by itself! It is so soft and so very warm, and not to mention adorable. I got the pattern here or by clicking the photos. Angie wrote this pattern and I just love love love it! It is so very […]ReplyCancel

• November 13, 2014 - 12:15 pm

The Bow Scarf… | Knitting Needles To Fishing Poles - […] cutest by itself! It is so soft and so very warm, and not to mention adorable. I got the pattern here or by clicking the photos. Angie wrote this pattern and I just love love love it! It is so very […]ReplyCancel

• November 25, 2014 - 7:04 am

Tina Vaught - Could you make the bow interchangeable? Maybe by adding a button to the scarf and having 2 button holes?ReplyCancel

• December 12, 2014 - 9:35 am

Nicole - Love the pattern!!! I made one for a Christmas gift and it’s adorable, Kudos!!ReplyCancel

• December 14, 2014 - 2:02 am

Laurence - Is it possible to order a scarf and buy it?ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge