Today, we have the cutest wild thing. After I saw the Birch Tiny Cotton Birch One Piece from KHM Collections, it inspired me to do a Wild Thing costume inspired by Where The Wild Things book. All I needed is a crown and a tail, and some BRRR socks from Tiny Cottons. Get your Birch One Piece at KHM Collections.
KHM Collections is one of my top favorite shops for all kids fashion, carrying my most favorite brands like Tiny Cottons, Loud Apparel, Popupshop, Noe & Zoe, Soft Gallery, Bandit Kids & much more! Great selection of trendy brands, excellence customer service, fast shipping and most of all, friendly and awesome sales!
To make a Wild Thing Crown:
– 1/4 of Faux Leather
– 2.5 inches of faux fur
– Elmer’s Glue All
– Brush, Scissors, Hot Glue
– Hand draw the crown on the back of the faux fur and cut to the desired size. Make sure to measure your kid’s head before cutting. You only need 1/4 of yard of faux leather for this crown.
– In a small bowl, add 2 parts glue, one part water and mix well.
– Brush the water/glue base to the back of the faux fur crown in two coats. Let flat dry completely for about 1hr. Once dry and stiffened. Hot glue ends.
– Cut a long strip of faux fur in about 2.5 inches in width and long enough to go around the crown. Hot glue around the crown.
For the tail:
– 1/4 yd of faux off white fur
– Sewing machine, needle & thread
– Hand draw the shape of the tail on the back of the fur. Cut out the shape.
– Trace and cut the same shape on the reverse side.
– Brush and pin both fur shapes on the reverse side. Sew along edges leaving a large opening for stuffing.
– Turn inside over and stuff with a bit of stuffing, not to much stuffing, just to give it a little shape.
Secure with a pin or sew a large piece of elastic waist band to the tail to use as a belt.
Make sure to stay tune for more Best of Guide AW15 Kids Fashion. Follow KHM Collections via Instagram & Facebook for promotions, release dates, kids fashion inspiration & more!