Hello Halloween Cuteness! I have been obsessed with baby hair pieces ever since Anabelle was born, and thank goodness she accepts, because it is making this Fall Halloween season that much more fun!
This DIY is super easy and no-sew! I hate sewing, so it’s seldom I actually make anything that involves a needle and thread.
Furry fabric (Any pattern works! I found this cheetah print at Hobby Lobby)
Light pink felt
1. Trace a triangle with two of the corner cut off for one ear. Cut it out and then trace a second ear so that they are identical to each other. They don’t need to be perfect they just need to be the same as the other.
2. Cut a triangle out of the pink felt small enough to fit inside the fur shape.
3. Place the felt in the middle of the fur cut out. The two cut off corners will be where the headband pops through. The still existing triangle corner will be the point of the ear.
4. Start with one of the top sides. Fold the fur over onto the felt and glue.
5. Then glue the the other top side of the ear. A small part of it will be glued fur on fur. That’s ok. the rest will be the back of the fur glued onto the felt.
6. Place the headband so that it is coming through the two cut off corners.
7. Glue this last side in two sections, since it will start to curl with the headband.
8. Repeat for the second ear!
And that’s it! Super easy DIY for a super quick and easy cheetah ears!
We had lots of leftover fabric, so I constructed a little tail, too!
Long strip of furry fabric
1. Fold the fabric in half and glue.
2. Use a clip to attach to a belt loop.
That’s it! You bet, I absolutely bribed my daughter to stand still for a few more photos with M&M’s….