We love pom poms, I mean who doesn’t? My little girl recently saw a picture with a pom pom blanket and she immediately asked me to make her one, “mom, can you make me on of those comfy pom pom blankets?” and I just can’t say no to her cute little requests. It was the final and perfect touch to our little girl’s bedroom makeover.
I didn’t want to sew/make the blanket itself, so I search for a soft pink vintage blanket and wasnt’ able to find it so I ended buying a blanket from Ikea for just $19 in a off white color.
To make you own pom pom blanket you will need the following:
- throw blanket of your choice or even a throw blanket you already have.
- 1/3 yard of fleece fabric
- needle, thread and scissors
- pillow stuffing
- circle cutter or the top of a container to about 5 inches in diameter.
– Cut about 10-15 circles of fleece fabric using the circle cutter.
- Sew along the edges, then gather thread tightly while stuffing the pom pom.
- Use this tutorial for reference to make the pom poms. It is the same process as our Faux Fur Pom Pom Beanies tutorial.
- Lay out the throw in the bed or floor. Arrange all pom poms to where you want them to be. I arranged mine in a random order.
- Sew the pom poms to the blanket.4
Now, I can’t stop, won’t stop. I want to make a few more in different color options. Hope you are now inspired to create your own pom pom blankets. It is super easy and a great gift idea for a baby shower or your kiddos!