Like always, my inspiration for this project comes from my little ones. Now that we are getting a little cooler weather here in Southern Cali to about high low 70s, it’s time to get out our scarfs and beanies. It’s really rare that I step into a Walmart, and mainly after midnight where everything else is closed. I found these super cheap child size beanies at $.97 each! So I knew I had a winner to do a little a makeover and add a pom pom. Although, it says one size- they are definitely not for toddlers.. they barely fit my 10month old. So I would suggest these beanies for 3-6months. I rarely step into a Kmart and was glad to find simple adult size beanies that have a little more slouchy look than the Walmart beanies for $3.99.
These faux fur pom pom beanies can be the perfect little gift this Holiday season for little ones! Do you agree? Agreed.
So next time you see solid basic beanies, make our Faux Fur Pom Poms and secure them on the beanie.
To MAKE THE FAUX FUR POM POMS
– Faux Fur ( 1/4 yard or 5 inches in width)
– Needle & Thread
– Pillow Filling or Scraps of Fabrics
- Cut a circle of fur in 5 inches of diameter – TIP: (I bought my faux fur at JoAnn’s – let the associate know to cut the fabric on the reverse and as much close to the back of the fur by inserting the scissors as it’s cut. This will prevent less fraying and the edge of the fur won’t be chopped off.)
- Sew: around the edge of the fur about an 1/2 inch apart.
- Gather the fur by pulling the thread.
- Stuff the inner with scraps of pillow stuffing. Gather tight and secure with a few knots.
- Sew the pom pom to the beanie.
I have another fur project you may be interested in: Faux Fur Lining for Shoes