Don’t you just love apple season? My favorite type of apple has been the simple RED apple because is so crisp, sweet and crunchy. The texture of other apples just doesn’t cut it for me so I prefer red or gala apples. Here is your not so traditional candy apple in a healthy and easy way. A perfect Halloween snack or fall snack that is fun to craft with your kiddos. Hope you enjoy.
To make these fun & pretty apples, you will need is the following:
– Baby Apples
– Wood Sticks or popsicle sticks
-2 Cups of Dark Chocolate Chips
– About 2 cups of Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt or Greek Yogurt
– Nuts (Optional) Which I didn’t had the chance to try but I think it will be delicious to try.
– Add the stick to the apples and freeze them for about 2hrs.
– Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler.
– Dip your apples in chocolate and remove excess chocolate by tapping on the side of the dish; freeze immediately.
– Add the yogurt into a deep dish and dip your frozen dark chocolate apples; freeze immediately until yogurt is frozen.
– Double dip your apples a second time for a second coat of yogurt.
Keep frozen until ready to serve and enjoy.
Makes about 6 baby apples.
I’m also sharing this fun recipe over at NatureBox, make sure to stop by and check out why Naturebox is the best healthy snacking option.