I’m so excited to be sharing two recipes of my Thanksgiving menu: Dinner Rolls & Creamy Mash Potatoes! I bake these dinner rolls for the hubs all the time and loves them every time!
They have a little sweet honey flavor and are the fluffiest dinner rolls ever! Both of these recipes are made with I Can’t Believe Its Not Butter
I substituted butter with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® and my dinner rolls turned just as delicious!! Did you know that I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® has a fresh butter taste with less saturated fat than butter. It has an excellent source of Omega-3 ALA**, with no cholesterol and it’s gluten free. My mom who has diabetes uses I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! all the time and since then I have used it on most of my recipes.
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 1 packet of dry active yeast
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of all-purposed flour
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil
- Whisk together warm water and yeast in a large bowl and set aside.
- On a medium bowl, combine milk, butter, sugar, honey, and salt.
- Microwave for a minute or heat up on a small sauce pan until butter is dissolved.
- Add flour to the yeast mixture, followed by the milk mixture. Stir and mix until sticky dough forms.
- You can knead the dough with your hands on a floured surface or a mixer using the hook.
- Knead dough for about 5 minutes adding flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the surface or the mixing bowl.
- Grease a large bowl with the oil. Place the dough into the bowl and cover with a clean towel.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place like the top of your stove at a 200F oven for 1½hrs until it doubles it size.
- On a slightly floured surface roll doll and cut into 16 equal size sections. Roll each piece into a ball and place onto lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on rack for 20 minutes before serving.
This next Thanksgiving Side Dish recipe is my yummy and Creamy Mashed Potatoes. I can’t get enough of these mashed potatoes and hope you too!
- 2 Large Russet, Red or Golden Brown Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®
- ⅓ cup of Light Sour Cream or Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon of salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
- Boil. Drain. & Peel Potatoes
- On a medium sauce pan, mashed the potatoes.
- Add butter, sour cream, cheese, pepper & salt.
- On low heat, keep stirring and mix well.
Thank you to Good to Know & Unilever Spreads for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.