To be honest, I’m not a fan of baking or cooking with pumpkin but Vic insisted I baked him his favorite cake w/pumpkin on it. So, the end result was divine!! We loved them. The cupcakes were so moist and soaked in delicious tres leches. The dense spiced cake taste was to die for and the cool whipped topping was just the perfect touch! If you are a fan of pumpkin pie, then you must try this Pumpkin Tres Leches Cupcakes!
I have made a cake and many cupcakes of tres leches. You can check out my regular Tres Leches Cupcakes Recipe.
- White Cake Box Mix
- Can of Pumpkin
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk (Vanilla)
- 1/3 Cup of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of all spice
- 1 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 cup of Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cup of Sweet Condensed Milk
- FROSTING: Whipped Topping or your favorite frosting
- Cupcake Foil Liners
- Using a mixer combine cake mix, eggs, butter, all-spice, cinnamon & almond milk and MIX well.
- Bake as directed on the box.
- Let cupcakes completely cool and poke holes with toothpicks.
- To prepare tres leches: combine the three milks and mix well.
- Carefully, pour the tres leches mixture onto cupcakes w/spoon until completely soaked. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve w/you favorite frosting or whipped topping.
- Refrigerate left overs.
Note: They can be baked at night and refrigerate them overnight to let cupcakes soaked in the tres leches mixture.
This dessert is perfect for the holidays! Can’t wait for the holidays to arrive?! Yes, me too! Pumpkins and holiday decor is all I see at the stores and all we can do out here is to wait for the cool weather! It’s still very hot here in Southern California!
Will you be baking something fun this holiday season?
Thanks for stopping by!