DIY Large Scale Wall Photo

I have this long blank wall on my living room, with no idea what to put there. So I decided I needed to place a large scale piece. When I found out that Office Depot have Industrial Prints for $5; I immediately wanted to create a large scale wall photo to place on my empty long wall.

The size of the print is 24 x 42 and usually costs $5 in matte (black & white) but I got it for $3 ;). Its their largest print and if you want to print in color and glossy it will cost a lot more than that.

Just save your photo on a USB Drive; the clerk will open your photo and print it out w/no extra charge. Make sure your photo is already in {black and white} format and in high resolution!

For the frame; I bought this poster frame at Walmart for $16. I spray painted it with white paint because I didn’t like how the black frame looked.

Total cost of project $ 19!

I used a little spray adhesive  to re-apply the plastic cover of the frame, since I removed it to paint it white.

P.S My wall colors are actually a little grayer and the frame is way bigger than what it seems:)

I will be adding this particular wall photo frame to Aries Room and replacing it with a new Large Scale Wall Photo Frame in the living room. You can print out various photos and exchange them every now and then based on your look or mood!

If you have any questions, leave a comment and will get back to you asap.

Linking to these parties.

• August 27, 2012 - 7:57 am

Monsterscircus - Your daugther is so lovely and the photo really great! Very nice and usefull idea, it loos like an expensive photowork from the photographer!! Thanks for sharing and have a beautful monday!ReplyCancel

• August 27, 2012 - 10:45 am

Brooke Tewell - I love this!! I will definately be making a visit to office depot soon! I currently have one wall in my entire apartment with photos on them and I definitely prefer b&w over color so this would be a great solution.ReplyCancel

• August 27, 2012 - 11:38 am

Kimberly - Looks GREAT Angie! You’re lil one is just too cute! xo, Kimberly
    Kimberly recently posted..{Pinning!} Week 25 :: Birthday Bash!My ProfileReplyCancel

• August 27, 2012 - 3:40 pm

Cheryl - So glad you posted this! My daughter has been wanting an extra-large photo of her cats for her living room and now I can surprise her with one for a very reasonable price.ReplyCancel

• August 27, 2012 - 4:43 pm

Stephanie - Wowsa! That is a cool idea. Thanks for the heads up on how to get it done. Such a great price too. To really fill a large wall, wouldn’t it be cool to crop a picture into three separate pictures enlarge them and put them all in a row? I might just do that :)ReplyCancel

• August 30, 2012 - 2:00 pm

Rachel - AMAZING! I’m doing this! Thanks for the share.
    Rachel recently posted..{Are You Cereal?! | Rice Cereal}My ProfileReplyCancel

• August 30, 2012 - 4:25 pm

Linda - Thanks so much for the info. I had a poster done years ago of our family going down the rapids. It was super. Now to find the right print. My granddaughter’s a cheerleader. I might have to go get some action shots. Wow. Thanks for that. LindaReplyCancel

• August 30, 2012 - 4:32 pm

Marigold - Five bucks?! Are you kidding me? That is awesome. I now want to wallpaper my house in these! Lovely model, too :)
    I would love to have you add this to a collective link party I co-host, Eat Make Grow: http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/2012/08/eat-make-grow-thursday-5.html
    I host along with two other bloggers, so one link shows up on all three blogs, and we feature a couple of bloggers each week. We’re always looking for great content like this! Hope to see you over there.
    Marigold recently posted..Eat Make Grow Thursday #5My ProfileReplyCancel

• August 31, 2012 - 9:15 am

Hani Shabbir - I love it! :)
    Hani Shabbir recently posted..Friday Fun Party and Features {30/8}My ProfileReplyCancel

• September 1, 2012 - 12:32 am

20 Ways to Make Someone's Birthday ROCK. - […] What a great gift idea — Large Scale Photo for $5 @ Little Inspiration […]ReplyCancel

• September 1, 2012 - 12:47 am

Renee - the Creative Orchard - Clever idea! I would love for you link this up at my first LINK PARTY!

• September 1, 2012 - 9:04 am

Ashley - What a great idea! Thanks for sharing – I LOVE family photos around the house, especially in black and white and I think something like this will be a great statement piece in our decor! I pinned it for future reference!
    Ashley recently posted..Quick Update: EntrywayMy ProfileReplyCancel

• September 1, 2012 - 9:07 am

Lindy - This turned out great. I love the idea of getting a big print for just $5.

• September 1, 2012 - 7:01 pm

Stephanie - What a great project! I will absolutly be doing that. I would love it if you would share this on Super Sweet Sunday @ swtboutique.blogspot.com Also, that picture is really cute. Have a great weekend.
    StephanieReplyCancel

• September 3, 2012 - 9:13 am

JennyLynn - The cost is amazing for what you get. I think doing a wedding photo for my bedroom would be wonderful. Thanks for inspiring me.
    JennyLynn recently posted..BalancedMy ProfileReplyCancel

• September 4, 2012 - 5:51 am

Linda - Gorgeous photo!! I love the project, I will have to try this at some point. Thanks for the tips!!ReplyCancel

• September 6, 2012 - 3:57 pm

Kelly - This is soooo cool! I’m going to have to try this because I’ve got several empty walls in my home that need some zhushing:)
    I’m going to pin this so that I never lose it!

XOXO
    Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    Kelly recently posted..Pottery Barn-ishMy ProfileReplyCancel

• September 7, 2012 - 5:36 pm

Rhiannon - I love this!!! I am soooo going to have to do this…what an awesome way to display great photos for such a great price!
    Such a sweet picture!
    Rhiannon at being mom{me}
    Rhiannon recently posted..Made Fall Fashion {Girls Boot Socks}My ProfileReplyCancel

• September 11, 2012 - 10:18 am

Nichole - So pretty! I love your blog photography too…your pictures are so soft, makes me smile.
    Nichole recently posted..Awkward SpaceMy ProfileReplyCancel

• September 11, 2012 - 5:49 pm

Kim - This turned out great! Would love for you to share this at my link party. Hope to see you there!
    Kim
    Kim recently posted..Crafty Sasse Wednesday Link Party 45My ProfileReplyCancel

• September 22, 2012 - 4:27 pm

Bailey - Would you be able to post a link where the pricing for this is? I can’t seem to find it online anywhere!ReplyCancel

• September 22, 2012 - 10:31 pm

Angie - Hi Bailey! I couldn’t find it online either. You have to go to the store directly and ask for the industrial prints. They don’t have them posted online.ReplyCancel

• October 1, 2012 - 6:44 am

Amber B - This is amazing! I have to try this. I love large scale art, especially in black and white. I love the adorable image you chose. How sweet! :)
    Amber B recently posted..Our DIY Painted PumpkinsMy ProfileReplyCancel

• October 20, 2012 - 12:33 pm

Rhiannon - This is such a beautiful idea, I’m glad I found your blog! I think I’m going to have to try this. =)ReplyCancel

• February 20, 2013 - 10:06 pm

Julie {CalleLillyCafe} - I love this! I have the perfect photos too! I just hope they work w/IG ones! Thinking they may be too small though to enlarge.
    Julie {CalleLillyCafe} recently posted..In Love with MomentoMy ProfileReplyCancel

• March 6, 2013 - 7:15 pm

Candy Olivares - Love this! Thanks for sharing and the price is fantastic!
    Candy Olivares recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy ProfileReplyCancel

• March 14, 2013 - 7:10 pm

Johanna - I love your blog! I wish I had the guts to start one, your an amazing mommy! Thanks so much for the idea, i’m going to do this for sure!ReplyCancel

• April 23, 2013 - 11:23 am

Julie {CalleLillyCafe} - I am LOVING this idea! I have the same problem… that one blank wall! ugh! thx for sharing!
    Julie {CalleLillyCafe} recently posted..Under ConstructionMy ProfileReplyCancel

• July 5, 2013 - 10:15 am

Nancy - I love this idea and have prepared my jpg file to take to Office Depot. But I am not finding any poster frames in that size. When I enlarged your photos I see that your poster frame is not 42 inches either. Did you have to cut your print or did you have it printed at 36 inches wide?ReplyCancel

• July 26, 2013 - 6:52 pm

Anne - This is a great Idea. I also have a very large (two story great room) wall that has nothing on it as of right now and I have been hemming and hawing about what to place there. I love that this art is so inexpensive!ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge