I found the cutest crown on this site.. and decided to make my own for my little Aries!
Here is what you need to make a lace crown!
- Lace – 1-2 Inches Width
- Fabric Stiffener or Mod PAGE (I tried both but Fabric Stiffener works best)
- Metallic Gray Paint and Glitter Paint (Optional)
- Fabric Flower, Buttons
- Paint brushes
- Cut desired length of LACE.
- Use a cardboard or plastic and begin spreading the Stiffener with a brush. Let dry for about 1hr.
- Once the lace is dry.. PAINT.
- Once painted lace is dry, hot glue it together and attach a flower or button
To make the flower: I used a satin fabric and burned the edges with a lighter.. (Be careful doing that!) and attach a button/rhinestone setting.
To place it on your baby girl’s head.. use bobby pins. I’m looking for a better way to place the headband.. and I will let you know if I do. Below is my little girl modeling her new lace crown. This crown is so perfect for a little photo shoot.. for a birthday party or just because! Don’t you think?
Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy Crafting! Don’t forget to join Create & Inspire linky party every Friday to link up your projects!
*If you feature my project, grab a photo and always link back. Thanks!