|Buñuelos (Mexican Fritters) Recipe |
Author: Angie @ LittleInspiration.com
Prep time: 4 hours
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 4 hours 20 mins
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 1/2 Cup of all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp of orange zest
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 4 tbs of butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Vegetable Oil for frying
Sugar Coating Mix
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- In medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, add milk, butter, and vanilla and heat up to boil.
- Add beaten egg to wet ingredients and mix. Then add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix by hand.
- Knead dough in lightly floured surface.
- Form about 2 inch balls and using a rolling pin; begin rolling balls into a very thin tortilla.
- Set all tortillas to dry in a clean surface. The dryer the buñelo is the less oil it will absorb while frying. Let them to dy for about 3 hrs or until dry.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add 1 1/2 cup of white sugar with 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon and mix. Set aside.
- On a fry pan, add enough oil on a medium/high temp. Carefully add dry buñuelo in the oil, Once it starts forming bubbles turn around and fry until golden brown.
- Immediately add sugar mixture to the buñuelo while still warm.
Recipe by Little Inspiration at http://littleinspiration.com/2012/12/mini-bunuelos-mexican-fritters-recipe.html