|Healthy Peppermint Cake Pops |
Author: Angie @ LittleInspiration.com
Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Box of Gluten Free Angel Food Cake Mix (or even Yellow Cake Mix)
- (Ingredients as directed on cake mix: Eggs, Water)
- 1/2 tsp of pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese (Fat Free)
- 1 bag of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (For Garnish)
- Natural Peppermint Candy (Crushed for Garnish)
- Prepare cake as directed on box and add peppermint & vanilla extract in the mix.
- Once cake is cooled, break up the angel food cake into small pieces and place in the bowl.
- Add the cream cheese mixture and blend until a dough forms. Shape into 1-inch balls and insert lollipop sticks. Transfer to a large plate and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave and stir until chips are melted and smooth. Immediately remove pops from the refrigerator and dip into either chocolate bowl; sprinkle with desired toppings. Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe by Little Inspiration at http://littleinspiration.com/2012/12/healthy-peppermint-cake-pops.html