|Thanksgiving Dinner Rolls |
Author: Angie @ Little Inspiration.com
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 2 hours 15 mins
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 1 packet of dry active yeast
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of all-purposed flour
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil
- Whisk together warm water and yeast in a large bowl and set aside.
- On a medium bowl, combine milk, butter, sugar, honey, and salt.
- Microwave for a minute or heat up on a small sauce pan until butter is dissolved.
- Add flour to the yeast mixture, followed by the milk mixture. Stir and mix until sticky dough forms.
- You can knead the dough with your hands on a floured surface or a mixer using the hook.
- Knead dough for about 5 minutes adding flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the surface or the mixing bowl.
- Grease a large bowl with the oil. Place the dough into the bowl and cover with a clean towel.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place like the top of your stove at a 200F oven for 1 1/2hrs until it doubles it size.
- On a slightly floured surface roll doll and cut into 16 equal size sections. Roll each piece into a ball and place onto lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on rack for 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Little Inspiration at http://littleinspiration.com/2012/11/thanksgiving-day-side-dishes-recipes-good2knowspreads-spon.html