Our Spring here in SoCal are very short and we make everything possible to enjoy most of Spring days. The weather is the most perfect and being outdoors is our favorite things to do.
Inspired by spring, this month’s Michael’s Makers challenge involves spring faux flowers! Remember our eggshell projects? I decied to bring eggshells again with a little gold leaf and paint to make a beautifully and unique centerpiece.
Next time you make breakfast, save the eggshells and make a centerpiece by adding some faux flowers.
- eggshells, cleaned
- Michael’s Store faux spring flowers
- gold leaf sheets
- acrylic paint
- school glue
- Clean and wash your eggshells.
- To make gold leaf eggshells, apply a thin layer of school glue to the eggshell. add one sheet of gold leaf and press to make sure the gold leaf sheet sticks. Let dry. Once dry, rub off excess gold leaf.
- paint other eggshells using acrylic paint. Flip the eggshell over to let dry.
- add small faux flowers.
- TIP: to get the eggshells stand upright, add a little of hot glue on the bottom of the eggshell.
Refreshing your home for spring is as easy as swapping out a few décor pieces or adding pretty faux florals. Michaels has everything you need to get started!
Looking for more inspiration? Make sure you visit Michaels’ blog, The Glue String, to see the rest of the Michaels Makers’ Spring Refresh project ideas.