State Farm® sponsored this post. All thoughts are my own.
What does it mean to be a “good neighbor”? State Farm teamed up with Harris Poll to conduct a survey that highlights what being a good neighbor means to Hispanics.
According to the survey, only 42 percent of Hispanics say they were welcomed into their neighborhoods. The survey also found that 75 percent of Hispanics say it is important to welcome new neighbors. So, welcoming a neighbor is important … and it is not happening. How do you feel about that?
I wish I had better relationships with our next door neighbors. I do love that they respect my privacy and I respect theirs. We may just wave hi, or say a good morning and good night, but that is really all. We love our privacy, the neighborhood is quiet, and it’s surrounded by a mountain and a lake. I think it is time to spread cheer and kindness in our neighborhood, so I decided to come up with the ideal gift basket idea for you to give to your new neighbors.
Whether it’s welcoming new neighbors with a gift basket, or celebrating the holidays with longtime neighbors, getting together for holidays and events in neighborhoods is more common among Hispanic neighbors. Since the holidays are around the corner, it’s a great time to spread more kindness to all. Gift basket or not here are five tips to become a better neighbor this season in your community:
1. Leave a small gift on your neighbor’s doorstep. For example, a bar or chocolate with a little greeting note. Search Pinterest for gift ideas for neighbors for inspiration.
2. Throw a small gathering and invite your neighbors. Like an outside bonfire/movie experience and s’mores.
3. Keep your yard clean and perhaps help clean your neighbor’s yard.
4. Welcome your neighbor with a gift basket and strike up a small conversation, while still respecting their privacy.
5. If you have a fruit or vegetable garden share your produce with your neighbors.
Now, go ahead and enter to win a gift card to jump start your own “Welcome to the Neighborhood” gift basket idea. You could be one of two winners!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of State Farm.