Recently, making air dry clay bowls have been a great weekend easy project to do with my girl. We made these trinket bowls a few weeks back and they became the perfect Mother’s Day gift for my mom. If you are looking for a great project to gift or a last minute gift idea to craft, then these trinket bowls are the perfect craft for you. I’m sharing the how-to on SCJ Johnsons’ Blog.
– One package of air dry clay in white
– Metallic Paint
– White Acrylic Paint
– Circle cookie cutters or (If you don’t have any, use the same bowls to cut out a circle)
– Rollin pin
– A piece of sandpaper
– Bowls to shape the clay
- Use half of the clay at a time. Sealing the remaining clay to prevent the clay to dry.
- Roll out the clay in a clean flat surface.
- Cut out a circle.
- Mold the clay circle into a bowl and let air dry.
- Carefully, remove the clay bowl from the bowl and let dry completely.
- Sand the edges.
- Paint the clay bowl in white (or preferred color).
- Paint the edges in metallic paint.