Aries has outgrown a few winter tights from last year, so I decided to make them into knee high socks. Using a little black fabric paint, I added a few dots and stripes to create a fun new look. These are perfect for school, and transitioning to fall/winter wardrobe.
What you will need:
– (Outgrown) Tights or Plain Knee High Socks
– Fabric Paint
– A piece of cardboard
– Paint brush
- For this quick project you don’t actually need a cutting machine like my Silhouette Portrait, simply hand-draw some dots on vynil or what ever graphic you would like and cut them with an xacto knife to create your stencil.
- Place a piece of cardboard inside the sock (to prevent paint from bleeding into the other side of the sock).
- Paste the stencil the sock.
- Paint over the stencil.
- Let dry completely and remove stencil.
Super easy and your kiddos would be happy to help too. My daughter loves helping me with all my projects and even photographing them.