Flower crowns have been trending, it can add so much flair and can make any outfit stand out. I love it even more on little girls, and if the flowers are fresh, even better!
I wanted to go with all natural while crafting this fresh flower, using nothing but flowers but it was a complete fail. If you don’t have flowers than can bend easily, it’s almost impossible. I couldn’t find any flower stems that can be bended at any of my local grocer shops. So I ended with lots of broken flowers. I decided to create a base out of floral wire and simply wrap the flowers around it. That was so much better and simpler!
With only a few Trader Joe’s fresh spring bunch, you can make this beautiful fresh flower crown. It only takes about 5 minutes to set up, 15 minutes to craft.
This spring Fresh Flower Crown is perfect for a photo shoot, wedding, flower girls, and just because it’s SUMMER (Olaf’s voice)! Even though, they may not stay fresh for long, they are so worth it! I expect to make different floral crowns and will show you how to make them on Instagram only.
Here is what you need:
2 Trader Joe’s Fresh Flower Spring Bunch that have greenery stems. (Any fresh sprig mix bunch will work)
2 Floral Wires (I love the Hobby Lobby 18″ Floral Stem Wire and only $2.99) Floral Tape ( I used Hobby Lobby 2-pk Floral Tape in white)
– Measure your head circumference and shape the base of the crown with two pieces of floral wire. I simply used my daughters head to shape up two floral wires to see how and where will the crown will sit.
– Overlap and wrap both of the wire ends.
– Cover the floral wire base with floral tape. Add enough to cover the ends of the floral wire.
– Cut out all your flowers from the stem to about 3-5 inches in length.
– Start arranging the small flowers and some of the greenery around the base of the crown. Wrap around the floral tape around each flower adding flowers and greenery as you wrap around the tape. This floral tape is ah-mazing! It self sticks so need to use any glue at all. Just make sure that you wrap the tape around nicely snug.
Adding more small and large flowers and greenery as you go.
I decided to start with small flowers all around. This will make a thin version of a Flower Crown but if you would like to go with a bigger and bulky crown, add bigger flowers as you wrap around the tape.
You can still add more flowers at the end if you decided you want more flowers. Simply cut out the flower stems to about 3 inches and insert them in between the tape. That is exactly how I made this crown. I started with a small base of flowers, then I added more flowers by wrapping them with tape and/or inserting them in between the tape that is already there.
Dress by Tutu Du Monde
When done: Style, show off your gorgeous crown and take lots of pics!