This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group and Soma but all my opinions are my own.
We always drink purified water in our home and never had a chance to try a filter system. When I heard about Soma, I was intrigued because it has a stylish look. Soma is definitely a more modern and stylish way to drink delicious water in a handcrafted glass carafe. Not only the Soma filter system is very stylish but it’s very convenient, perfect to entertain at a get-together, and it’s filter is 100% biodegradable. I have tried the Soma for a few weeks already and it’s a life saver. My SoCal water can now has a purified taste that is heathier for my little family and unborn child.
You can create hundreds of water infused recipes using Soma and one favorite infused drink that we love is one of my childhood drinks: Horchata. Horchata is a Mexican water infused water from rice with a sweet, milky taste that is very refreshing.
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 3 cups of Soma Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1/8 tsp of Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2-3 Layers of Cheesecloth
- Filter about 3 cups of water in the carafe, add rice and one cinnamon stick and let infuse overnight for at least 8hrs in the refrigerator.
- Transfer the rice, water and cinnamon stick to a blender and blend well until the rice is semi-finely grind. Layer a few layers of cheesecloth on top of a mesh strainer, add the rice water mixture and drain all the water into a large container. Discard the excess rice.
- Add sugar, sweet condensed milk, ground cinnamon & vanilla and mix well. Transfer the rice water back to the Soma Carafe and chill completely. Serve with ice.
This Rice Water is commonly use for the every day and holidays in Mexico. We often make or purchase Horchata all year long. The filtered water from the Soma tastes just like purified water and made my horchata taste even better.
Now that the holidays are upon us, Soma Water Filter System is a perfect gift for friends, family & co-workers. The Soma Filter is designed to enhance the taste of your tap water, it’s fully biodegradable, mailed fresh every 60 days with subscription and they support their partnership with Charity: Water.
When you purchase Soma for $49, you are automatically enrolled in their fresh filter program, which sends replacement filters to your home every two months. The cost is $12.99 (less than $0.25 per day) and shipping is always free.