One of my favorite dishes is Teriyaki. We always love to change our favorite dishes and add a little different ingredient every time we cook the same dish. This time we made Chicken Teriyaki with Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce. Not only I have always used Kikkoman products every time I cook Asian inspired dishes, their teriyaki sauce is my favorite of them all.
I use Kikkoman Teriyaki to marinate chicken and beef and add it to my salads or top of with some sticky rice. The teriyaki sauce has a great balance of sweetness and will give your dishes a kick of delicious flavor.
In our family we have always cooked “arroz con pollo” or chicken and rice since I was little. My mom used to make the chicken in mole sauce, red or green chili sauce and even add some potatoes to make it last for the whole family. Now that I have my own little family, chicken and rice is what is more common to eat but we tend to modify our common Mexican recipes to more of our own taste or even mood of the day.
This recipe for Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinated Chicken serves 2. Serve with your favorite rice & veggies. Hope you enjoy as much as we enjoyed eating this delicious dish for dinner last night.
- 2 Chicken Drumsticks or 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 Bottle of Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 5 tablespoons of Natural Cornstarch
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Cut chicken out of bone if you are using chicken drumsticks.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, white pepper, 1 cup of Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce and 4 tablespoons of cornstarch. Whisk until there is no lumps.
- Add the chicken onto the cornstarch mixture and let marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- In a medium skillet add a drizzle of oil in medium/high heat. Pan fry the chicken about 10 minutes each side.
- Serve the chicken on top of rice and garnish with sauteed veggies.
Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Kikkoman. All opinions and content is my own.