Today, I have a fun and delicious dessert for the holidays: Cake Pops! I’s a healthier version than regular cake pops!
For a healthier and gluten free cake pop: Use gluten free Angel Food Cake Mix, Natural Peppermint Extract, Natural Peppermint Candy and use fat free cream cheese instead of can frosting.
What you will need to create these delicious pops:
- Box of Gluten Free Angel Food Cake Mix (or even Yellow Cake Mix)
- (Ingredients as directed on cake mix: Eggs, Water)
- ½ tsp of pure peppermint extract
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese (Fat Free)
- 1 bag of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (For Garnish)
- Natural Peppermint Candy (Crushed for Garnish)
- Prepare cake as directed on box and add peppermint & vanilla extract in the mix.
- Once cake is cooled, break up the angel food cake into small pieces and place in the bowl.
- Add the cream cheese mixture and blend until a dough forms. Shape into 1-inch balls and insert lollipop sticks. Transfer to a large plate and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave and stir until chips are melted and smooth. Immediately remove pops from the refrigerator and dip into either chocolate bowl; sprinkle with desired toppings. Refrigerate leftovers.