The other day me and my little Aries were watching the new movie, Arthur Christmas! It was her first Christmas movie she has ever seen this season! She just loved it and I did too! It was a heartwarming animated holiday movie that is suitable for the entire family! We enjoy the movie while eating some healthy pops made out of my favorite no-bake energy pops recipe!
What is Arthur Christmas all about? Santa (voiced by Jim Boradbendt) finishes up the gift drop of the year with the help of his son Steve (voiced by Hugh Laurie from House). Thinking they delivered every single gift and returning to the North Pole the elfs found an undelivered gift. Arthur (voiced by James McAvoy) and his Gran-Santa (voiced by Bill Nighy) have a mission to deliver the pink bicycle along with the help of elf Bryony (voiced by Ashley Jensen) to Cornwall, England. Unfortunately the trip wasn’t easy. Gran-Santa only knows how to lead an ancient sleigh with an old reindeer. They get lost, lose a reindeer, and encounter danger several times. All three learned things about themselves and found the spirit of Christmas on their adventure to Cornwall.
Overall, Arthur Christmas is a very heartwarming movie! Suitable for the whole family and children will love it. My daughter doesn’t really know what is going on with the movie but she gets excited to see the animated rendiers and calls them “horse”. Little Aries just loves it and she knew who Santa was in the movie! I was so thrilled to see my little Aries’ expressions and how “focus” she was watching the movie!
I don’t want to spoil the movie but it was an amazing movie and you have to see it. We could all really learn something about this movie: the importance of family this Christmas season! I think Arthur Christmas will become a classic family Christmas movie! I personally recommend it for this holiday season as a gift and/or for movie nights. Its a great way to start the Holidays! In the spirit of Arthur Christmas, I created some healthy pops for my little Aries to enjoy while watching the movie. Now you create these healthy no-bake pops and watch the movie with your children. Enjoy!
- ● 1 cup of dry oats
- ● ⅓ cup of chopped almonds
- ● ½ cup of Nutella
- ● ½ cup of all Natural Peanut Butter
- ● ⅓ cup of all natural honey
- ● ⅓ cup of organic dried cranberries (optional)
- ● ½ cup of ground flax-seed
- ● ⅔ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- ● 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup or more of chocolate chips to melt
- ● Popsicle Sticks
- Sprinkles/Unsweetened/Coconut Flakes/Cruhsed peppermints for decoration
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate the mix for 30 minutes
- Using your hands, form balls about 2″ inches
- Dip the popsicle stick into melted chocolate then insert into the ball. Insert the stick into the round balls halfway; just as far as it feels sturdy to hold.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Using a double boiler melt chocolate chips.
- Insert popsicle into melted chocolate and immediately decorate with desired toppings (crushed peppermint/coconut flakes or sprinkles)
I added half of Nutella & Peanut Butter but you can just simply use peanut butter or any butter spread. The ground flax seed can be substituted with granola or it can be left out. Don’t be afraid to change and add your favorite healthy ingredients into the mix.
Brought to you by Arthur Christmas. Available now on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack & DVD