I love avocados, don’t you?! Some of my favorite avocado dishes are salads, avocado sause for flautas, tacos, pico de gallo salsa & spicy avocado enchiladas. Today I have a VERY YUMMMY avocado sauce that can be used as salad dressing, enchiladas, tacos, or wraps.
I’m Mexican-American so I must love avocados..When I was little, I remember always helping my mom making enchiladas, rice, tortillas, gorditas & lots more. I learned how to cook the basics by just watching and asking mom all the time. It was not long ago since I moved out from my parents house but I still call her for cooking tips and recipes.
I was shown how to do these green enchiladas by one of my oldest sister. I modified it to my taste by adding fresh avocados and a different type of chile.
These enchiladas can be made w/cheese or shredded chicken. The spicy creamy avocado sauce its so good that you are gonna be asking for seconds.
|Spicy Creamy Avocado Enchiladas||
- 3 charboiled jalapenos; skinless
- 1 Large Avocado
- 2 Leafs of Green Leaf Lettuce
- 1/2 cup of mushroom cream (canned)
- 1/2 cup of Crema Mexicana (or Sour Cream)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/3 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- shredded cheese
- Charbroil the jalapenos thoroughly on a iron pad; then remove skin and stem.
- To make avocado sauce: On a blender mix all the ingredients together (except cheese & tortillas) and mix well for about 3-5 minutes until smooth & whipped consistency; taste and add more salt to taste.
- Heat up the tortillas until soft and begin to roll w/shredded cheese.
- Place them on a large flat casserole and add avocado sauce
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350F or until cheese has melted.
The sauce makes about 2 cups. Plenty for a large casserole of enchiladas of 10-15 Enchiladas.
For more yummy avocado recipes visit Avocados from Mexico site or the English Fan Recipe Page.
Disclosure: I participated on I Love Avocados campaign via Latina Bloggers Connect.