I LOVE, LOVE Mexican wedding cookies! They are my favorite cookie! Every time me and my family went to a wedding to a traditional Mexican wedding, I was always looking forward to eat some of those wedding cookies at the reception party!
I made these cookies last year for Christmas and it was a hit! They are so DELICIOUS and very simple to make! They can be made with out nuts, pecans or almonds!
Mexican Wedding Cookies are traditionally handed out to guests at weddings and other celebrations.They are also known as pecan butter balls, or snowdrops!
2 Sticks(1Cup) of Unsalted Butter
*1 Cup of finely crushed Pecans or Almonds
1 1/2 Cup of Powedered Sugar
1 Tsp of Vanilla
1 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
2 Cups of Flour (not pictured)
*You can ommit the nuts if you are allergic.
1) Cream butter until light and fluffy
2) Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and vanilla to the butter. Blend well
3) Add flour and mix well.
4) Grind almonds or pecans
5) Add to cookie dough and mix well
6) Place dough on a container and wrap with plastic. Regrigarte for about 15 minutes.
7) On a small bowl combine the remaining cup of powdered sugar with ground cinnamon
8) Preheat oven at 350F. Make small balls and place them on a cookie sheet one inch apart. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden at the bottom.
9) Let cookies rest for about 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Then transfer the warm cookies to the cinnamon sugar and cover completely! Let cool.
PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of all purposed flour
- 1 cup of pecans or almonds, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon